Caridad Piñeiro Scordato
Caridad Piñeiro Scordato joined Abelman Frayne & Schwab in 1980 as a clerk, attended law school at night and then worked as an attorney for a number of years before becoming a partner of the Firm in 1994.
Caridad specializes in international trademarks, computer and new media law, publishing and literary law, and international litigation. She has represented a broad range of clients in the pharmaceutical, entertainment, publishing, automotive, alcoholic beverage and food industries.
In the area of publishing and literary law, Caridad brings the unique experience and insights of being a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, with knowledge of the inner workings of the industry.
As the Firm’s Managing Partner for IT, Caridad also has hands-on knowledge and experience in the computer and new media law areas.
Caridad is fluent in Spanish and has a working knowledge of Italian, French and Portuguese. With those language skills she has assisted clients in a number of important overseas due diligence, litigations, and negotiations.
- ASIPI U.S. Delegate responsible for obtaining agreements to hold the first ever ASIPI conference in the United States
- INTA Conference Panelist
Bar and Court Admissions
- Member New York State Bar
- Asociación Interamericana de la Propiedad Industrial (ASIPI)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Villanova University, B.S. in Biology, 1980, magna cum laude
- St. Johns University, J.D., 1985