Julie B. Seyler
Julie Seyler joined Abelman Frayne & Schwab in 1988 as an associate attorney in the trademark department. Prior to joining the firm, Julie was an attorney with the United States Trademark Office, prosecuting trademark applications as well as preparing briefs and oral arguments before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Julie concentrates her practice on trademark counseling, prosecution and and inter party proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Her experiences includes analyzing the registrability of trademarks, preparing oppositions and cancellations and following such cases through to final briefs and oral arguments before the TTAB.
- Represented Telefonos de Mexico S.A. de C.V. in an opposition before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board successfully protecting their trademark from confusion and dilution;
- Represented Tequila Cuervo S.A. de C.V. successfully preventing the registration of a deceptive trademark
Bar and Court Admissions
- Member of the Bars of the Sate of New York
- District of Columbia, and Florida
- Member of the International Trademark Association
- Presentation before the Chinese Patent and Trademark Office, Chinese delegation
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, 1980
- Douglass College BA, History, 1977