Lori B. Cohen
- United States and International Trademark Law
- Trademark Prosecution, Domestic and International
Lori Cohen joined Abelman Frayne & Schwab in 1997 where she was an associate through 2002. After a hiatus, Lori returned to the firm in 2007. Prior to joining the firm in 1977, Lori was in house trademark counsel at Jordache Enterprises, Inc. where she was responsible for procuring, maintaining and enforcing rights in the well known Jordache trademarks throughout the world. Lori has also been associated with Hale and Dorr, now Wilmer Hale & Gibbons, where she practiced domestic and international trademark prosecution in industries including pharmaceuticals, wearing apparel, and technology.
- Represented Jordache Enterprises, Inc. in connection with all trademark matters relating to the famous HORSEHEAD design and other trademarks throughout the world. During her career at Jordache, Ms. Cohen was also involved in enforcement of trademark rights, including anti-counterfeiting seizures of infringing goods.
- Lori has also been involved in the development of a trademark practice for a large general practice firm.
- During the course of her career, Lori has represented Fortune 100 clients in relation to procurement and protection of some of the most famous trademarks in the world in matters in many countries.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Southern and Eastern Districts Courts of New York, 1985
- Member of the Bar of the State of New York
- Member, International Trademark Association, New York State Bar Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member, North American Committee on Trade Dress
- Trade Dress Image Library
- New York State Bar Associate, Intellectual Property Law Section (NYSBA).
- Trademark Searching, a seminar sponsored by Thomson Reuters, July, 2005.
- Ms. Cohen concentrates her practice on all aspects of international and domestic trademark prosecution as well as on international opposition and cancellation proceedings.
- Ms. Cohen has represented clients in a wide range of industries, including automotive, apparel, jewelry, pharmaceutical, telecommunications and commercial printing. Ms. Cohen was previously Trademark Counsel for a well known apparel company with a portfolio of world famous trademarks. Speaking Engagements: July, 2006 – Trademark Searches and the Opinion Letter Presented by The New York State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section and Thomson CompuMark.
- Benjamin N.Cardozo School of Law; Yeshiva University, 1984
- New York University, BA, Politics, Journalism, Philosophy, 1981