Marie Anne Mastrovito
Marie Anne Mastrovito joined Abelman Frayne & Schwab in 1990 as an associate attorney in the trademark department. Prior to joining the firm, Marie Anne was a Trademark Examining Attorney with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and served as a Staff Attorney with the law firm of Jones Day Reavis and Pogue assisting in unfair competition litigation.
Marie Anne concentrates her practice in the field of trademark prosecution and the representation of clients in Opposition and Cancellations actions and ex parte appeals before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. In addition, Marie Anne has represented clients in successful appeals to the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Marie Anne is also experienced in trademark clearance and investigations, preparing cease and desist letters, drafting and negotiating coexistence agreements, and assignment of marks.
- Represented Mavety Media in successful appeal of Trademark Trial and Appeal Board decision before the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. The CAFC decision resulted in significant changes in the evidence upon which Examining Attorneys may rely to support a finding that a trademark is scandalous or immoral.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Member of the Bars of New York, District of Columbia and Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- The Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Ms. Mastrovito concentrates her practice in U.S. trademark prosecution, oppositions and cancellations. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Mastrovito was a Trademark Examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for five years.
- American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., 1985
- Georgetown University, B.S. F.S., 1982