Peter J. Lynfield
- United States and International trademark, copyright, unfair competition; counseling and litigation.
Peter Lynfield joined the firm in 1980. He has been a partner since 1986. Peter concentrates his practice on U.S. and International trademark, copyright, unfair competition and related matters counseling and litigation.
He has advised clients in various industries, including automotive products, pharmaceuticals, veterinary pharmaceuticals and products, fragrances and cosmetics, beverages, real estate development, pet food, music labels and groups, charitable fundraising, food additives, television and film production, personal care products, international human rights organizations and health care facilities.
Peter’s practice includes representing clients in the selection and adoption of trademarks in all countries; searching, availability, registrability and related opinions; preparation, filing and prosecution of trademark applications in all countries of the world; oppositions, litigations and related actions involving trademarks, copyrights, trade dress, unfair competition, dilution and counterfeiting worldwide.
His practice also includes negotiating and drafting license agreements related to all forms of intellectual property; conducting due diligence, opinions and negotiating agreements in connection with the IP aspects of acquisitions, such as purchase and sales agreements, license agreements, IP security agreements, assignments; recordal of assignments and security agreements worldwide; acquiring domain names through negotiations and alternative dispute resolution procedures; advising clients on issues relating to compliance with U.S. sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Represented multi-national pharmaceutical company in all aspects of trademark practice worldwide.
- Represented fragrance company in acquisition of world-famous brand involving thousands of trademarks.
- Represented fashion designer in creation and protection of high end fashion label.
- Represented international human rights organization on pro bono basis in connection trademark infringement matter.
- Represented international, non-governmental organizational on misuse of its trademarks in Europe.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Member of the Bars of the States of New York and Illinois and the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts ofNew York
- Member, Pharmaecutical Trademark Group (PTMG)
- University of London, King’s College, B.Sc (Eng.) in Mechanical Engineering, 1974
- John Marshall Law School, J.D., 1977